It is important to know when your Euclid home needs updating. One of the most important things to pay attention to is your home’s siding. It is essential to ensure it is in good condition to avoid serious exterior damage.
Ken’s Parkhill Roofing Co., located in Euclid, OH, has everything you need regarding siding and gutter repair. If you’re in need of an expert, we’re your company. Want a free estimate? Give Ken’s a call at (216) 381-7414, or contact us online today!
What to Look For
Knowing what to look out for when inspecting your house siding could save you from serious damage to your exterior. The siding of your home protects the inside from extreme temperatures, inclement weather, and pests. If that becomes compromised, you might have to give an expert a call. Read below for a list of signs that your siding might need replacing.
- Peeling Interior Walls- If the siding of your house is beginning to wear down, you may notice it from the inside. If moisture is making its way through the siding and into your interior walls, you will notice the paint beginning to peel or bubbles in your wallpaper.
- Expensive Energy Bills- The purpose of siding is to retain the heat and cold and keep your home properly insulated. If you notice your energy bills are higher than normal, check your siding.
- Frequent Exterior Painting- You should repaint the exterior of your house every 8-10 years. However, if you find yourself needing to repaint in only a fraction of that timeframe, then it might be the siding and not the paint. Ken’s Parkhill Roofing offers vinyl siding of all styles that can give your siding a high-quality, long-lasting color.\
- Siding is Becoming Faded- When the color of the siding begins to fade, it means its weatherproofing abilities are in their last stand. Given the harsh weather Euclid can endure, you want to make a note if you notice the color is beginning to wear thin.
- Fungus or Mold Growing on the Siding- Fungus along with other kinds of growth, will usually appear along the seams of the siding and gutters. If this substance is growing, it means there is moisture available, and water is making its way into the siding.
- Bubbles or Blisters on the Siding- Another sign of moisture/water build-up is bubbles or blisters beneath the surface of the siding. Siding is supposed to prevent moisture from entering your home. Therefore, if there’s moisture build-up, it means the siding is no longer doing what it’s supposed to.
- Cracked or Warped Siding- These are probably the most obvious signs that your siding has reached the end of its life. If you discover rotting underneath the surface of the siding, it might be time to get in touch with a local professional.
Regardless if you need your siding and gutters repaired or replaced, Ken’s Parkhill Roofing Co. is the place to rely on. Our family-owned company, located in Euclid, OH, has been in the business for over 70 years and can guarantee the best service possible.