Commercial and Residential Roofing Replacement in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio
At Ken’s Parkhill Roofing, we go above and beyond to provide our clients with unparalleled roof replacement services. If you’re in Cleveland, then we can replace your roof! No matter how well (or poorly) installed and maintained your roof is, time and nature will eventually mean your roof needs to be replaced. On average, shingle roofs will need to be replaced every 12 to 20 years, but the exact time to replace your roof will be unique to your home or business. Replacing your roof at the right time is important for safety, energy efficiency, and reducing damage to other parts of your home or business.
The Many Benefits A New Roof Provides
The benefits of installing a brand new roof over repairs include:
- Increased property value
- Good Return On Investment (ROI)
- Reduction of health hazards
- Better safety
- Better aesthetics
- Long-term cost-efficiency
- Improved energy efficiency
- Newer technology
When To Consider Roof Replacement
While the judgment that a roof should be replaced should be left to a professional roofer, there are some telltale signs that it may be time for a new roof. Below are just a few signs that it may be time to replace your roof:
- Dark streaks
- Old and worn looks
- Cracked shingles
- Bald spots
- Curled shingle edges
- Cupped shingle tabs
- Old age
Of course, these signs will need to be inspected by professionals, but they can be handy signs that your roof’s days are numbered.
Installation Process & Procedures
Roof replacement includes the following procedures:
- Tearing off all of the layers of the existing roof right down to the wood sheathing.
- Inspecting the sheathing for any deterioration, cracking, or dry rotting, and then replacing the wood if necessary.
- Removing / popping wood in specific areas to inspect the airflow for necessary ventilation.
- Venting out all bathrooms with insulated duct hose and an aluminum roof flapper vent through the roof.
- Installing ice guard along the complete perimeter of the residence, around all penetrations through the roof, and up the complete valleys.
- Replacing all the metal/copper flashings.
- Ventilating the home with a vent ridge or proper ventilation depending on the style of the home.
- Installing any skylights or sun tunnels.
- Installing underlayment and then shingle the residence with the appropriate shingle.
We offer the homeowner a wide variety of choices in shingle style as well as systems. The product includes asphalt (numerous styles), wood shake/shingle, slate, synthetic slate, synthetic shake, and metal roofing.
How Often To Replace Your Roof
The frequency that your roof should be replaced hinges on the kind of roof that you have and how it has been maintained. For instance, composition shingle and asphalt shingle roofs can last anywhere from 12 to 30 years depending on a number of factors like installation, maintenance, and more. On the other end of the spectrum, metal roofs can be good for 50 to 75+ years before they need to be replaced.
To determine when is the best time to replace your roof, you’ll need an experienced roofing team to conduct a full inspection and identify if the wear and tear are too much to realistically repair.
Choosing Ken’s Parkhill Roofing For Your Roof Replacement
Roof replacement is a serious job, one that you should only trust with a dedicated, honest, and experienced roofing team. At Ken’s Parkhill Roofing, we offer just those qualities to the homes and businesses that choose our services every day. If you require roof maintenance, repair, or any other less substantial service, then we can help, as well! Over the decades, our team has worked with nearly every kind of roof and in all types of conditions, meaning we have the knowledge and dedication to provide what you need.
Get Your Brand New Roof With Us Today!
Whether you need a new shingle roof or a long-lasting metal roof, you can bet that our roofers can handle the job with stellar results and top-tier customer service and support. To inquire about our roof replacement and other roofing services, don’t hesitate to give us a call or contact us via our website!